Friday, November 5, 2010

Scott Pilgrim







Today I want to talk about a film that I saw recently in an illegal way (because isn’t released in Chile, yet), the movie is “Scott Pilgrim vs The World”, this is a comedy film based on the comic “Scott Pilgrim” by Brian Lee O’Malley, I didn’t read it, but I had a good time sawing the movie.
The movie is about a guy (Michael Cera, he’s fun) who knows a girl called Ramona (Mary Elizabeth Windstead) and fell in love with her, but to be with her, he must fight with the “The League of Evil Exes”, they are seven exes that join their forces to determinate the loving future of Ramona (this is weird, but is a comic, you can’t wait something very rational), so Scott must defeat this exes one by one, but the fantastic thing is that this fighters have “super powers” and Scott is only a guy from a garage band who have no lucky in love, he’s the incarnation of normality and nerdism (this a word that I invented just now).
Other characters that appear in the movie are the gay friend and Scott’s roommate Wallace (Kieran Culkin), then we have the players of the “Sex Bom-Omb” –Scott’s Band- they are Kim Pine (Alison Pill), Stephen Stills (Mark Webber) and “Young” Neil Nordegraf (Johnny Simmons), and finally Scott’s late ex Knives Chau (Ellen Wong) a schoolgirl who get obsessed with Scott.
Now, the thing that I like about the movie, apart from the plot, I think that the movie works like a real comic and I found that amazing, because when one see a comic-based on movie, always feel like “well, was good, but not so good as the original comic” and that’s because directors doesn’t work like if they were doing a comic, they always adapt the original plot doing a profitable movie, not doing a movie comic-based on, I don’t know if I’m enough clear, because actually, I don’t understand very well what I’m saying now…
In my humble opinion, I couldn’ find anything wrong or week in the movie, but I think that is a movie specially made for people who read comics and enjoy nerd jokes and nerd stories, maybe the movie could be a little exclusive, I can’t imagine my mother or my sister enjoying the movie, but it would be hilarious I think jajaja.
Well, I think this is enough.
-Do you like movies like that?
-Do you read comics?
-Do you like comics adaptations on cinema?
Good bye.


PS: Soundtrack is really awesome!

4 comments:

  1. lol, I think that I would enjoy to see the film.
    The guy has a really nice bass!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Do you know if in Chile selling this comic?
    Is firt time that I listen respect to it.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE COMICS BOOK!!
    But another stories, do you read Sandman? or The crown? or Y, the last man? or V, for Vendetta? or Watchmen? mmmmm? Are interesting stories, different of superhero comic book like siperman, superman... (Batman is a different case)

    I know this film and the comic book I don't read yet, but I know the story. But I prefer Kick ass, do you see it?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diego!
    I want to see it! I liked when you said that even you don't understand your words... XD It happens to me too many times!

    regards!

    ReplyDelete