Friday, October 1, 2010

Vive la France!



Hi everyone,


Today, I’m going to talk about something very superficial, or not… maybe “not so reflexive as the late entry”, mi favorite country to go…

I would like to go to many countries, but if I have to make a choice, undoubtedly I would choose France, why? Because I like it and I love its culture (maybe I’m a Frenchified –I have not a venereal disease). If you asked me for the other countries, I would answer that almost all of them are in europe, so my ambitions are very close…

From them –french- I know that they are just cool (I can’t find other word that descript in a integral way his culture), I like their history, their art, their language (I’m learning, but hell… is very hard!).

If I’m going to there, I would visit every monument and museum as fast as I could, maybe I would miss the whole period of time that I’ve planned… Then I would party a little bit. My first place to go would be the Louvre (obviously!), then the others art museums (because in Paris, they have many “state” museums that house art pieces by his period, so Louvre is the first, then follows the Museum of Orsay and then the Pompidou).






Actually, I’d like to live there, I find that country very good, in every sense, the life style is so much better that here, people is different, habits are also different. They value what I’m studying, and I could have the chance to learn from a better environment, I mean compared with our “artistic” environment. In fact, in Chile students who wants to take the Art History side –of my career, have no post-degrees related to art history, so I have more reasons to choose to live in France (I’m self-convince me); I would have studies, work and good state support (not like Chile!).





Finally, I can only say Good bye.

2 comments:

  1. I’m really impressed by the extreme romanticism that people give to France. I’m sure it’s a great country, but not everything is museums and cute little cafés. Have you read “Perfume” by Patrick Süskind? The sordid France portrayed shows what was France like around the period of the foundation of the museum.
    In my case, I haven’t been able to see Paris with idyllic eyes ever since I read “Tropic of Cancer” by Henry Miller (though it's a great novel).

    P.S. I leave you a little comment about your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some people idealize this place, but the only way is to travel there and see it with our own eyes... :)

    ReplyDelete